Integrated Root Cause Analysis
Find and fix the root causes of incidents.
- CARBON’s Integrated Root Cause Analysis Techniques are designed for everyone from beginner to expert. In just four days, learn the Essential techniques to find and fix the root causes of incidents, accidents, quality problems, near misses, operational errors, hospital sentinel events and other types of problems. Essential Techniques include: SnapCharT, Root Cause Tree & Corrective Action Helper.
- CARBON’s Integrated Root Cause Analysis, focuses not only on equipment and system causal factors, but also on human sides, through an extensive Human Factor Analysis module.Attendees are asked to bring a safety incidents or quality issues from their facility for a team exercise. These may be either written reports or they may have knowledge of an incident with no written report.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- better understand why people involved in incidents behaved as they did.
- write more effective behavioral recommendations which will positively influence the behavior of those immediately involved, and others, in the future
Who Will Benefit
This course is designed for participants who ideally have the following:
- A minimum of two years operational management and / or HSE experience.
- Trained in incident investigation methodology to a competent level, and practiced in its use.
- Motivation to deepen their understanding and application of human factors tools and techniques, and promote their use.
• Class Introductions and Technique Introduction.
• CARBON’S RCA System Overview – What you will be learning.
• Causal Mapping (Snapchart) Basics – Gathering information.
• Causal Mapping (Snapchart) – Practice.
• Define Causal Factors – Identifying the Error.
• Intro to Root Cause Tree.
• Root Cause Tree – Eliminating the Blame.
• Root Cause Team Exercise – On your own
• Corrective Actions – Developing Fixes.
• CARBON’S RCA Continued – Practicing the Techniques.
• Generic Causes – Optional Technique.
• Causal Factors – Additional Practice.
• Reporting – Management Presentation.
• Frequently Asked Questions.
• Final Exercise – Putting What You’ve Learned to Work.
• Introduction to human factors in incident investigation.
• Behavior extraction, including case study.
• Classification of unintentional behaviors (errors) and intentional behaviors (violations).
• ABC analysis, including case study.
• Human error analysis, including case study.
• Developing recommendations.
• Interview technique.
• Case study with role play.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-Day Subscription to CARBON’s Root Cause Newsletter, and our dynamic online support that guides you through the RCA process with ease and efficiency.
CARBON GUARANTEES for the 4-Day Course: Attend this course, go back to work, and use what you have learned to analyze accidents, incidents, near-misses, equipment failures, operating issues, or quality problems, with a more effective behavioral recommendations which will positively influence the behavior of those immediately involved, and others, in the future.
If you don’t find root causes that you previously would have overlooked and if you and your management don’t agree that the corrective actions that you recommend are much more effective, just return your course materials/software and we will refund the entire course fee.
Four Days / Six Hours Per Day